Shoulder Treatment Physiotherapy for Woodbridge, Maple, Concord - Vaughan
When a person has shoulder pain every day simple activities can become painful. If you struggle with reaching or overhead activity, playing sport, doing regular household chores then it is time to get help! For the best shoulder pain treatment – Vaughan contact us here.
Causes of shoulder pain can depend on the persons’ age. For example, in young people instability of the shoulder is more common (dislocation or labral tear).
For people who are in their middle decades of life the rotator cuff tendons and shoulder bursa can be a leading cause of pain. The tendons can become irritated for different reasons such as a fall, postural strain, or degradation due to the aging process. Another common cause of shoulder pain for this age group is what we call a frozen shoulder. This condition can cause significant pain and loss of movement, and usually takes eight months to three years to resolve.
In the later decades of life arthritis is a common condition that causes discomfort and pain. This is the aging process where the shoulder becomes dysfunctional due to ‘wear and tear’.
Common Shoulder Pain Symptoms
- Pain in the shoulder and/or down the side of the upper arm
- Decreased range of motion (stiffness in the shoulder)
- Loss of strength
- Difficulty performing regular tasks eg dressing, combing hair, reaching for cupboard overhead, playing sport
- Difficulty sleeping
Physiotherapy At Woodbridge, Vaughan offers the most professional and advanced therapy !
SHOULDER PAIN TREATMENT – VAUGHAN
Why choose Physiotherapy At Woodbridge, Vaughan?
You deserve the best treatment for your shoulder! Our comprehensive assessment and treatment plan usually gets people back to normal quickly. There will be a one to one personalized treatment plan explained to you the day of your assessment. Treatment will begin immediately.
- Advanced treatment modalities Fast Recovery
- Does not require surgery
- Does not involve pain medications
- We do direct billing to your insurance company
- We have a treatment program that encompasses manual therapy, exercise and electrotherapies
- Same or next day appointment availability
Common Shoulder Problems We Treat – Woodbridge, Vaughan
(This list is not necessarily exhaustive)
- Adhesive Capsulitis (Frozen Shoulder): this condition will cause pain and stiffness of the shoulder. This is a condition which affects the capsule of the shoulder which typically lasts for 1.5 to 2 yrs. Read more: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/frozen-shoulder/symptoms-causes/syc-20372684
- Rotator Cuff Tear: the rotator cuff is located on the front of your shoulder. It is a common insertional point for 4 tendons. These are important tendons as they help stabilize the shoulder during movement. An injury such as a fall can cause the tendons to tear. Alternatively, repetitive activity at work can degrade and eventually lead to tears. Age is also a risk factor for tears. They are more common in the mid to late decades of life. Read more:https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/rotator-cuff-injury/symptoms-causes/syc-20350225
- Dislocation: If the upper arm pops out of the joint this is known as a dislocation. If you suspect a dislocation seek immediate medical attention. Physiotherapy treatment can begin when the shoulder has been relocated. Read more: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/dislocated-shoulder/symptoms-causes/syc-20371715
- Labral Tear: injury to the tissue surrounding the shoulder socket is known as a labral tear. The injury is common among young athletes. Causes can range from trauma like falling or repetitive motion in throwing athletes. Read more: https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases–conditions/shoulder-joint-tear-glenoid-labrum-tear/
- Fracture: a broken arm can be cause by a fall, sporting injury or trauma such as a car accident. Medical attention is required. Physiotherapy treatment begins when the fracture is stabilized. Read more: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/broken-arm/symptoms-causes/syc-20353260
- Impingement: this condition is common and closely related to bursitis and rotator cuff tendonitis. The tendons of the rotator cuff are compressed due to inflammation, swelling and shoulder dysfunction. Read more: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/7079-impingement-syndrome-of-the-shoulder
- Bursitis: this is a painful condition of the shoulder that affects small, fluid filled sacs called bursa. If the bursa becomes inflamed, it can lead to pain and dysfunction called bursitis. Read more: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bursitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20353242
- Arthritis: shoulder arthritis occurs when the cartilage starts to wear down on the ball and socket joint. Physiotherapy treatment for shoulder arthritis helps decrease the pain and inflammation and restore joint function. Read more: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/shoulder-arthritis
- Tendinitis: this condition is characterized by inflammation of the rotator cuff or bicep tendon. In most cases tendinitis can be treated successfully with physiotherapy. Read more: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tendinitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20378243
- AC joint Separation: if there is an injury to the shoulder such as a fall the ligament between the collar bone and shoulder blade become over stretched and sometimes torn. Read more: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/separated-shoulder/symptoms-causes/syc-20354049
Need More Info?
Remember, Physiotherapy At Woodbridge, Vaughan offers best treatment practices with up to date and modern modalities. If you would like to schedule a free phone consultation please contact us today. Alternatively, you can book an appointment online with one of our physiotherapists. Our goal is to improve your pain and get you back to the things you love doing as quickly as possible.